Since our founding in 1884, we have been working to create the technologies and products that society requires over the past 130 years. We consider it our mission to contribute to the realization of a sustainable society. We will continue to keep our eyes on the future as we work to live up to the expectations and trust invested in us by society.
Basic Policy and CSR Code of Conduct
Each of the companies in Furukawa Electric Group develops CSR activities in line with the following Group basic policy.
Furukawa Electric Group Basic Policy on CSR (Revised March, 2011)
Based on the Furukawa Electric Group Corporate Philosophy,
- We will operate our businesses in harmony with society and the environment and endeavor to create social value through technological innovation, complying with laws, social norms, and ethics as a member of the international community.
- We will strive to maintain and build sound and friendly relationships with all of our stakeholders and contribute to the sustainable development of society.
The CSR Code of Conduct defines fundamental rules of behavior for Furukawa Electric executives and employees to follow in conducting corporate activities based on the Group philosophy and from the perspective of corporate social responsibility.
The Furukawa Electric Group CSR Code of Conduct (Revised March, 2011)
- Human rights
- Working conditions and environment
- Products and services
- International businesses and transactions
- Fair competition
- Relations with customers, partners, and society
- Management and preservation of Company assets
- Disclosure of information
- Duties and obligations of senior management and employees